Hi! My name is Kexin (or, Emma) Wang. I was born in Xi’an, China but am now a freshman attending Stanford University.
I’ve been writing ever since I was a kid, and have completed two unpublished novels, both of which are put away in my drawer for now. I’m currently working on random short stories and experimenting with poetry.
Aside from writing, I run (often alone, always at night), read (obviously), abusively overuse brackets (as you can probably tell), and participate from time-to-time in activities such as eat ice cream and playing outside with friends.
I also founded and co-run the Goya Writer’s Workshop, an international online writing workshop for aspiring writers ages 23 and below (shameless self promo here). Before my junior year, I’ve never had the resources to participate in an actual workshop where people give constructive feedback on my work, a sad truth that many young writers face. Thus came the inspiration for an online workshop, and Goya was born.
And lastly, here are some
fun random facts about me:
- I have a compulsory need of walking on the left side of people.
- If you read a couple of sentences from any Harry Potter book, I can find the page within minutes.
- I support the Oxford comma.
- My favorite author is J.D. Salinger and my favorite book is Franny and Zooey.
- I really miss Chinese food.